MBSR Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training course with Mindful Academy Solterreno
At Solterreno Retreat Centre, a mountain Retreat Centre in Spain. A professional and accredited Residential Teacher Training Retreat in 2 modules, in English. Facilitated by Bodhin Phillip Woodward and Mindful Academy Solterreno Team
- April 24 - May 1
- July 10 - July 17
- July 31 - August 7
- September 22 - November 18
- October 5 - December 1
- October 6 - December 2
OUR ACCREDITED MINDFULNESS TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
Our curriculum follows the UMASS CFM curriculum and focuses primarily on the teaching process and curriculum of the group-based 8-week Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction MBSR Course taught around the world, developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre and also in the UK by the Centre for Mindfulness Practice and Research CMRP where our Senior International Trainer Bodhin Phillip Woodward trained in MBSR, Mindfulness Inquiry and Supervision.
This intensive, mindfulness-based teacher training has been developed, refined and delivered since 2012 and teachers from all over the world choose to attend this programme, so it is highly international. As a professional Teacher Training School, we support the Good Practice Guidelines for teaching Mindfulness-based courses and we assess students using the Mindfulness-based Interventions Teaching Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC).
THE MBSR instructor training
Is taught by Bodhin Phillip Woodward, Director of Training, Senior International Mindfulness MBSR/MBCT Teacher, Breathworks Meditation Teacher and Senior Yoga Teacher who meets the requirements of the Good Practice Guidelines for Trainers of Mindfulness-based Teachers published by the UK Network of Mindfulness-based Teacher Trainers. He has been practising mindfulness since 1985 and since 2005 has taught the classic 8-week course over 100 times. And has trained more than 270 Mindfulness Teachers from 46 countries.
To assist Bodhin on the course we have put together a dedicated team of experienced International Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teachers – all of whom have graduated from the Mindful Academy – to support your Mindfulness teacher training.
Our course has been set out to exceed the industry Good Practice Guidelines and Teacher Training Pathway requirements. Each of the two modules is residential with over 65 contact hours, which along with the pre and post-course materials bring the total hours of preparation to more than 300 hours. We believe that the best way to train teachers is by allowing them to gain initial practical experience of teaching Mindfulness in a safe space supported by peers and experienced course leaders. This course offers you more experiential teaching practice than many other Mindfulness Teacher Training courses.
Our aim and objective with the Foundation Level 1 course is to support your teaching development so that you have the skills and confidence to teach the foundation MBSR practices, to gain an understanding of the history of MBSR as
well as many different subjects including research and changes to the brain due to a meditation practice. Our Mindfulness Teacher Training courses include in-depth Teacher Training plus Mindful Movement, Inquiry and pre/post-course support, all included in the price.
On successful completion of the training, trainees should be able to:
- Understand the theoretical foundations of MBSR and the evidence in support of its effectiveness
- Describe the MBSR curriculum and understand the reasons for the inclusion of its different elements
- Conduct thorough MBSR pre-course assessments and orientation sessions
- Have the necessary skills to lead mindfulness meditation practices and support participants in learning and developing their own practice
- Be able to teach all aspects of the MBSR 8 week course and support participants to develop their own learning journey
- Teach MBSR within a diverse range of cultural settings
- Be knowledgeable about safeguarding and potential risk issues and be able to manage these issues as they come up in their own experience of teaching the course
- Be cognisant of and adherent to the ethical framework of MBSR teaching
- Sustain a regular personal practice and use their experience of this practice to inform their teaching and their embodiment of the Attitudes of Mindfulness
- Reflect on their own learning and development needs, self-evaluate, engage regularly with supervision and set goals for ongoing Continuous Professional Development
ONLINE SILENT RETREAT MAY 2020
EMMA, TESTIMONIAL FROM THE ONLINE SILENT RETREAT
Valeria, ONLINE Silent retreat
Valeria, Online Silent retreatant
Aparna Shukla, Testimonial
TT1 ONLINE, JUNE 2020
TT1 ONLINE, JUNE 2020
Kim, Silent retreat
Kim, Online Silent retreatant
Our Teacher Training starts from the premise that as teachers we need to embody mindfulness-based practice in our own lives before we can attempt to teach it to others. The programme facilitates an opportunity for sustained inner work through practice and learning alongside your peers. It is designed to be a collaborative and participatory learning experience.
The training primarily focuses on the teaching process and curriculum of the group-based, eight-week mindfulness-based programme (MBSR). However, the underpinning experience and understanding is also valuable for those who wish to integrate mindfulness into individual therapeutic work or teach mindfulness in a different form.
SMALL GROUPS WITH A MAXIMUM OF 12 STUDENTS
MBSR teaching practice in small groups provide for a safe learning environment and individual attention, we specialise in training small groups, preferring a small intimate apprenticeship process. The MBSR Teacher Training courses are ideal for Meditation practitioners, Yoga and Meditation Teachers, Nurses, Teachers, Therapists, Doctors and other professionals with a mind-body focus who wish to incorporate mindfulness into their professions.
TEACHER TRAINING STEPS
TO TRAIN AS AN MBSR TEACHER:-
- Attend the residential Foundation Level 1 MBSR in Solterreno Retreat Centre
- Practice Teaching the MBSR core practices
- Attend the residential Advanced Level 2 MBSR in Solterreno Retreat Centre
- Start Teaching the MBSR course with Supervision
- Become a Qualified Mindfulness MBSR Teacher
- Then as an MBSR Teacher, you have access to further development
- Attend the residential Advanced Level 3 MBSR in Solterreno Retreat Centre
- Become a Certified Mindfulness MBSR Teacher
- This is referred to as the Teacher Training Steps
At Mindful Academy Solterreno, we strongly adhere to the Good Practice Guidelines in our training programmes and Teacher Training Pathway.
“Since training at Solterreno I have begun teaching the MBSR course in my local area and I have been accepted onto the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training Organisations. This shows that my training at Solterreno and ongoing supervision meets the UK Good Practice Guidelines for Mindfulness-Based Teachers.
I had the pleasure of training at Solterreno Academy and I feel that this was one of the best decisions I could have made in my journey to equipping myself with the skills to be able to teach mindfulness to others.
I felt the quality of the teaching at Solterreno was exceptional, we had plenty of opportunities to practice leading both the meditations and teaching the sessions. This enabled our group to grow in confidence in a way that was really visible during the retreats.
Learning in a retreat format also leads to a strong bond in the group and our group is still in regular contact and has been a support as we have all embarked on our teaching journeys.
The ongoing supervision has been of real value whilst teaching the MBSR courses. I have had ongoing supervision with Bodhin and really appreciated the wisdom in his advice which has equipped me the support to teach with more confidence and hopefully more skill.
If you’re considering Solterreno as a training venue then I couldn’t recommend it highly enough!“.
CONTACT WITH US FOR MORE INFORMATIONS